Written on May 29, 2008
Next week I go back into full on running mode after a few weeks of post-marathon laziness. Yes it’s the 2008 Tour of Bournville, organised by the club I run for, Bournville Harriers. The simple idea is to run a race every day from Monday to Friday with all the race times added together to find the winner.
The five-year-old interrupts a session on the Cbeebies website to model the 2008 tour t-shirt
At last year’s event I could only do four out of the five races but this year, despite not really being fully fit for it I plan to do all five. I also plan to blog about each one on the evening they happen so if this ain’t your thing then switch off now. Here’s this year’s race schedule in full:
- Monday: 10k Multi-terrain around Bournville
- Tuesday: 7 mile hill race starting near here
- Wednesday: 5 miles along the canal from Kings Norton to Selly Oak (and back I think)
- Thursday: 4 miles cross country at Manor Farm Park
- Friday: 5k race around Bournville.
Phew! More next week as the races get underway….