Some links for you:
- YouTube – c: cubed 08 justbproductions – Here are the videos from the C:cubed event at The Public earlier in December. The event was about 4IP and the Arts Council's Digital Development Fund.
- The success of market failure? – Economic downturn – Articles – News, views and events – NESTA – "if markets are prone to system-wide breakdowns, market failure thinking needs to be radically overhauled. Government action is not just about fixing temporary malfunctions in an otherwise smooth running machine; it is about continually designing and redesigning the machine itself."
- The year that was…2008 | Screen WM – Screen WM's chief exec Suzie Norton looks back on what Screen WM acheived in 2008
- 4iP | What happens when I press ‘submit’? 4iP Commissions – Useful post that explains how 4IP projects are put through the system.
- The Ultimate Social Media Etiquette Handbook: The Most Egregious Sins on Social Media Sites, Exposed » techipedia | tamar weinberg – Useful list of things not to do on various social media networks. Although generally I hate articles that begin: "Social media mimics real relationships". Social media relationships ARE real relationships.
- Is Cloud Computing the Future of Music? | New Music Strategies – Nice post from Dubber on the perils of predicting the future.
- Neighbourhoods: Against the digital divide industry: of champions and charters – "What would a digitally inclusive society look like? We won't get near answering that until we look up from the debates about fibre and twitter and champions, and engage in a mature and meaningful way with people who experience exclusion."