Here’s a podcast I put together from a conference I chaired today called ‘Social Media in the Public Sector‘. The students on the MA Social Media degree I lead had been doing podcasts last week (ably taught by Caroline Beavon) so I thought I best join in the fun.
The conference was very much of a traditional format, it’s almost as if the unconference approach taken by the localgovcamp movement is happening in a parallel universe. The speakers were good and on the 17 minute recording below I speak to (in order):
- Jane Postlethwaite, Social Media Officer, Brighton and Hove City CouncilAlex – NHS London
- Paul Melhuish, Digital News Editor, Department for Business, Innovation & Skills
- Alex Talbott, Communications Officer, NHS London
- Amanda Coleman, Head of Corporate Communications, Greater Manchester Police
- Professor Vlatka Hlupic, Professor of Business and Management, Westminster Business School
- I then speak to a few audience members, two from the UK Border Agency and two from local councils in the south of England.
Hope you find it useful. I always find it interesting to listen to how people are using social media within the workplace.
Copy also on Soundcloud: http://snd.sc/AnE80N